Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sanjivani

I was born & brought up in a very good, cultured family.
Most of the wishes I had, came to my way fortunately easily.
Let it be getting an admission to a college, grabbing a job with handsome salary, wife, 2 children or even a car for that matter.
Everything luxurious..!!! Is this the only I had dreamt of ???

The mind is like a half-empty glass, always desires something more..!
What else is remained..??
One day while being alone, all of a sudden I realized that I am not skillful in any of the arts...!!!
Husshhhh....! Got happy that atlast I got something that might fill up my glass of empty mind...!
I started recollecting that 'tabla' was one of the instruments which I was passionate about in childhood..!

I had forgotten it while running a rat-race in life. I did not want my son to make the same mistake..!
I joined a Tabla class to accompany Sid (Siddharth, my elder son).
His initial disliking, crying would have made me nervous.
But I was firm on my decision. He started getting an interest once he learnt about the basic beats, rythm.
Swapnali (my niece) received a harmonium as a gift on her 10th birthday. Dada (my elder brother) thought why not to have a Tabla
for Sid. He did it as per his wish and Sid overjoyed after getting a Tabla on his 6th birthday.
It was like a treat for me too, as I was about to get a chance to play Tabla at my own time.

I searched for the cds on Tabla training, but could not found the worth one. Did some net-surfing and found good clips on youtube.
With the help of these clips and the basic beats, I started playing a Tabla, getting my empty mind filled up with joy..!

Whenever I feel down, dipressed, nervous this art works really like a Sanjivani for me..!!!
Thanks Dada..!

No comments:

Post a Comment